• Confeuropa Imprese Study Center (C.S.Co.I)
The Center aims to promote and carry out studies, research and higher education activities in the field of economic development and human development in the various geographical, territorial and sectoral declinations, with interdisciplinary interpretations. It aims to contribute to the advancement of knowledge on topics such as the role of agriculture and its environmental sustainability, the study of the Mediterranean, rural development, food security, trade, international relations, local development experiences, policies for convergence and territorial cohesion.
Particular attention will be paid to Southern Italy, to the European integration process and to the Mediterranean basin area. The problem of the industrialization of the South is therefore placed at the center of national economic policy, in the belief that it cannot be ignored if we want to gradually reduce, and eventually eliminate, the gap with the rest of the country to propose concrete programs of action and works aimed at developing those industrial activities in the southern regions that best meet the established needs.
The reform of the public administration and administrative simplification will be essential, in particular: the simplification of administrative procedures and bureaucratic constraints on private activities.
The Centro Studi Confeuropa Imprese (C.S.Co.I) will analyze economic trends and elaborate economic policy proposals, as well as reports on the trend of employment and unemployment, dynamics of the main productive sectors, amount of ordinary and extraordinary public expenditure, the analysis territory of the state of implementation of the industrial incentive laws; examination of employment policies; energy policy; environmental conditions.
the (C.S.Co.I) will disseminate its analyzes to Confeuropa Imprese associates, policy makers, and public opinion.
The main thematic areas will focus on:
- Monitor short-term trends in GDP, exports, industrial production, employment, credit and public finance in Italy – also through statistical surveys and the construction of economic indicators – and elaborates the forecast scenario for the economy in the medium term.
The focus of the analysis concerns: the impact of the evolution of these factors on the dynamics of the trade of goods and services and of foreign investments in Italy; the risks and opportunities for Italian companies on international markets; the most appropriate policies and strategies to face global challenges.
- Knowing the effectiveness of economic policies, that is, their ability to produce the desired effects and their impact on growth and well-being. To contribute to this important mission, the thematic area conducts analysis of policy monitoring, ex-ante evaluation and ex-post evaluation. These analyzes are the starting point for the formulation of policy proposals.
- Propose ideas and projects for the socio-economic development of Southern Italy, in a European and Mediterranean vision. with the aim of carrying out analyzes and insights that improve knowledge of the area from an infrastructural, productive and social point of view.
- The study of the Mediterranean Diet aimed at promoting the diffusion and food practices based on the principle of the Mediterranean Diet model.
These activities make use of scientific and organizational assistance for the planning of training programs, technical assistance for the management of services, participation in research activities.
The (C.S.Co.I) makes use of a Scientific Committee which includes:
the Italian and foreign universities, Science and Technology Park (PST), the Association. Hub Sicilia Internazionale, a non-profit organization.
A regulation governs the organizational aspect of the (C.S.Co.I):
(Some salient aspects of the regulation)
- The Center carries out its activities in collaboration with universities or similar structures established at Italian and foreign universities, as well as with other public or private bodies and associations, both national and foreign.
- The professors of the Universities, professors and scholars from Italy and abroad belong to the Center who, upon a motivated request, are admitted by the Steering Committee.
Upon invitation by the Steering Committee, public and private entities and institutions can be associated with the Center with which stable relationships of collaboration and / or cooperation are established.
The representatives of these bodies and institutions are not part of the Assembly of afferent members and therefore do not have the right to vote in the election of the Steering Committee.
3.The bodies of the Center are:
- a) the Assembly of members;
- b) the Steering Committee;
- c) the Director;
- d) the President;
- e) the Honorary President.
The Steering Committee determines the lines of activity of the Center.
The Honorary President can be invited to participate in the meetings of the Steering Committee, with consultative functions, if issues of interest and competence are addressed.
The figure of the honorary President coincides with that of President of Confeuropa in The Word.